Connect with us

World at War

Nuclear War Between US and Russia Would Wipe Out 5 Billion People

Two thirds of the planet would starve to death.

Published

on

Bulgac via Getty Images

A new study has found that nuclear war between the United States and Russia would cause two-thirds of the planet to starve to death within two years.

The dire prognosis was explained in modeling by Rutgers University, which found that 5 billion people would perish, primarily as a result of nuclear detonations causing huge infernos that inject soot into the atmosphere which blocks out the sun and devastates crops.

“Even a smaller nuclear skirmish – such as between India and Pakistan – would likely lead to 2.5 billion deaths within 24 months,” reports the Telegraph.

The investigation found that in the event of a full-scale nuclear confrontation between the US and Russia, food production based on total calorie content would be reduced by 90 per cent within three to four years of conflict.

The team found that the outcome could be even worse given that they didn’t even include heating of the stratosphere which would destroy the ozone layer and allow ultraviolet radiation to damage the surface of the planet.

“The data tell us one thing – we must prevent a nuclear war from ever happening,” said Alan Robock, distinguished professor of climate science in the department of environmental sciences at Rutgers.

“The world has come close to nuclear war several times. Banning nuclear weapons is the only long-term solution,” he added.

As we highlighted last month, New York City’s Emergency Management Department released a PSA instructing residents what to do in the event of a nuclear attack, the first of its kind since the 1960s.

A poll conducted after the invasion of Ukraine found that eight out of ten Americans were worried Biden’s response could lead to a nuclear war.

At around the same time, UN head Antonio Guterres warned that the escalation of war in Ukraine “whether by accident or design” threatened the existence of life on Earth, noting that, “The prospect of nuclear conflict, once unthinkable, is now back within the realm of possibility.”

Investment trends forecaster BCA Research also warned that there was a 10 per cent chance that a “civilization-ending global nuclear war” would occur within the next 12 months, a prediction that still has 7 months left to run.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

PJW Shop

ALERT!

In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Get early access, exclusive content and behinds the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading
Comments

World at War

Air Force General Tells His Officers ‘War With China’ Only 2 Years Away

Published

on

Zero Hedge

Getty Images / da-kuk

In recent years there have been at least a handful of high-ranking US military commanders which in some form or fashion have sounded the alarm over a “coming war with China”… with the latest warning being the most unusual, issued in the form of a memo by an active four-star general and circulated with an official order.

This case is particularly significant given he took the rare step of passing it down through military command and to the chief officers he oversees, giving a greater urgency to the warning

A four-star Air Force general sent a memo on Friday to the officers he commands that predicts the U.S. will be at war with China in two years and tells them to get ready to prep by firing “a clip” at a target, and “aim for the head.”

In the memo sent Friday and obtained by NBC News, Gen. Mike Minihan, head of Air Mobility Command, said, “I hope I am wrong. My gut tells me will fight in 2025.”

Various reports have counted some 50,000 service members and nearly 500 planes total under Gen. Minihan’s command.

The message is particularly alarming given it instructed commanders under him to “consider their personal affairs and whether a visit should be scheduled with their servicing base legal office to ensure they are legally ready and prepared.”

He explained that he sees Beijing as desirous of moving against the self-ruled island of Taiwan within that time period, and that it would trigger a large US military response. 

The Air Force general further urged “a fortified, ready, integrated, and agile Joint Force Maneuver Team ready to fight and win inside the first island chain.” And in the memo Gen. Minihan issued an order, requiring that all major efforts in preparation for a coming China fight to be reported to him directly by Feb. 28.

As for why he thinks China will invade Taiwan within the next two years, NBC described the following:

Minihan said in the memo that because both Taiwan and the U.S. will have presidential elections in 2024, the U.S. will be “distracted,” and Chinese President Xi Jinping will have an opportunity to move on Taiwan

As for Beijing, it has long claimed it is only interested in pursuing peaceful reunification with Taiwan based on political means. China has further laid blame on Washington for militarizing the island and thus creating current tensions, and by stoking independence forces through high-level visits, such as Nancy Pelosi’s ultra-provocative August trip to Taipei.

It should be noted that Gen. Minihan has a reputation for being among the Pentagon’s most outspoken and hawkish top generals. In this latest memo, he directed all Air Mobility Command personnel to “fire a clip into a 7-meter target with the full understanding that unrepentant lethality matters most. Aim for the head.”

This post was originally published at Zero Hedge

Continue Reading

World at War

UK Defense Committee Chair Calls For “Massive Arms Factory” In Poland

Published

on

Grzegorz Adamczyk | Remix News

Chris J Ratcliffe/Getty Images

Conservative MP Tobias Ellwood claims the construction of an arms factory in Poland to produce NATO-standard ammunition would be a more sustainable way of supply the Ukrainian war effort…

The construction of a major arms factory in Poland would transform procurement for Ukraine’s forces and could be necessary to make the Ukrainian war effort more sustainable and less dependent on Western aid, a U.K. Conservative MP has told Britain’s Telegraph newspaper.

In an interview with the newspaper, Tobias Ellwood, who also chairs the U.K. parliament’s defense select committee, argued Western governments have demonstrated a lack of strategic foresight in their plans for helping Ukraine.

He welcomed the decision to deliver Western-made battle tanks but believes the model of transferring weapons to Kyiv with differing supply chains and types of ammunition, was not sustainable in the longer term. 

Tobias Ellwood the British Conservative Party MP and the defense select committee chairman said that building a major arms factory in Poland  could transform Ukraine’s armed forces into a more independent military. (AP Photo/Alastair Grant)

“It’s just not feasible in the long term.

“Tanks today, yes. But we need a strategy to make sure Ukraine can defend itself,” he said.

The concept being proposed by Ellwood is modeled on a microchip factory opened by Taiwan, which fears a Chinese invasion could cut it off from the West. He argued Ukraine should be helped to do the same so “they can procure their own equipment to their own specification, probably NATO standard, and have a constantly protected supply chain.”

Talks have already opened with Poland over hosting such a facility, and Ellwood proposed that Britain should take a leading role among Western governments to ensure any project is successful.

It is thought Ukraine would be able to use the factory to produce the German-licensed Leopard II tank.

The move could also significantly ease pressure on Western arms companies struggling to keep up with the demand of the war in Ukraine, and the need to replenish stocks among NATO’s allies.

This post was originally published at Remix News

Continue Reading

World at War

Croatian President Calls Germany’s ‘We Are at War With Russia’ Comment “Madness”

Wishes Germany better luck in war against Russia than they had 70 years ago.

Published

on

Dean Mouhtaropoulos via Getty Images

Croatian President Zoran Milanovic responded to the German foreign minister saying “we are fighting a war against Russia” by calling the remark “madness” and wishing Germany better luck than with the last war they had with Russia 70 years ago.

Oof, burn.

Milanovic was responding to the bizarre and inflammatory statement made by German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock during the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe on Tuesday.

“Yes, we have to do more also on tanks but the most important and the crucial part is that we do it together and that we do not do the blame game in Europe because we are fighting a war against Russia and not against each other,” said Baerbock.

Milanovic ridiculed the comments, saying that such a development was news to him.

“Now the German foreign minister says we must be united, because I quote, we are at war with Russia. I didn’t know that,” Milanovic said. “Maybe Germany is at war with Russia, but then, good luck, maybe this time it turns out better than 70-odd years ago.”

“Do you want us to enter the war?” asked Milanovic during a visit to the port city of Split, adding that Croatia “should in no way help” Ukraine militarily.

The Croatian president expressed his amazement that such aggressive rhetoric was being spouted by a representative of the usually pacifist German Greens.

“If we are at war with Russia, then let’s see what we need to do. But we won’t ask Germany for its opinion,” Milanovic asserted. “Let them figure out who is the actual chancellor over there. I’ve been in politics for a long time, and our country has been through a lot, but I’ve never seen this kind of madness before.”

Milanovic condemned NATO powers for flooding the region with tanks and other weaponry in order to prolong the war.

“Those tanks may burn, or they may reach Crimea, but Croatia will have nothing to do with it,” he insisted.

As we previously highlighted, US weapons sales to other countries rose from $103.4 billion in 2021 to $153.7 billion in 2022, with Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon all making a killing out of the Ukraine conflict.

In a related development, the French Foreign Ministry claimed that the US, Germany and other countries sending battle tanks to Ukraine did not mean that NATO was at war with Russia.

“We are not at war with Russia and none of our partners are,” ministry spokeswoman Anne-Claire Legendre said.

Really? It sure feels that way.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

PJW Shop

ALERT!

In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Get early access, exclusive content and behind the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

Trending