Connect with us

Economy

EU Warns of “Waves of Migration” Caused by Global Food Crisis

Millions of Africans could leave as a result of famine caused by war in Ukraine.

Published

on

STRINGER via Getty Images

The European Union has warned of a new wave of migration caused by a global food crisis exacerbated by the war in Ukraine.

Aija Kalnaja, the newly appointed interim director, told reporters in Prague that the bloc was already prepared for refugees leaving Ukraine, but that the wider problem would likely be an influx of people from other areas of the world.

“We have to prepare also for refugees coming from other areas because of food security,” said Kalnaja. “You probably know that grain transport from Ukraine is hampered and that will create waves of migration.”

Her warning follows the release of a 27-page internal EU report last month which highlighted the threat of “a catastrophic famine” facing North Africa.

A global hunger crisis might trigger “new waves of social protest, internal displacement and migration to neighboring regions and possibly towards the EU,” the report said.

A similar warning was sent by Italian League party leader Matteo Salvini, who back in May said that up to 20 million Africans could try to enter Europe if the disruption to grain supplies continues.

Salvini cautioned that, “Significant hunger is expected on the African continent, which will be a humanitarian, then a social, and finally an Italian problem.”

“Without peace there will be famine in the autumn and 20 million Africans will be ready to go,” he added.

British TV presenter and celebrity farmer Jeremy Clarkson was also only half-joking when he quipped that global food shortages caused by the war in Ukraine could eventually lead to cannibalism.

In addition to the food crisis, there is already a massive pull of people wanting to leave Africa, with Europe their favored destination.

A survey of 15 African countries last month revealed that more than half of young people want to leave the continent in the coming years.

As we document in the video below, the food crisis is being exacerbated by globalist technocrats enforcing green agenda cuts that will devastate the agriculture industry.

Farmers in the Netherlands, one of the world’s largest meat exporters, have staged massive protests over a plan to slash nitrogen emissions that would put many of them out of business forever.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

PJW Shop

ALERT!

In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Get early access, exclusive content and behinds the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading
Comments

Economy

Elon Musk Quietly Dumps A Massive $6.9 Billion In Tesla Shares

Published

on

Zero Hedge

PATRICK T. FALLON/AFP via Getty Images

Remember way back in April 2013 when Elon Musk vowed at the Tesla annual shareholders meeting that “just as my money was the first in, it will be the last out.” No? Good, because fast forwarding to Tuesday night, we learned that Musk just took 6.9 billion steps to be among the first to get the hell out of Dodge.

According to four Form 4 filings filed late on Tuesday night, Elon Musk sold a total of 7.92 billion (or $6.9 billion) of shares in Tesla, the first time he has sold stock in the carmaker since April, when he was allegedly selling TSLA shares to help him “fund” the Twitter acquisition… for which he dropped his bid shortly after, almost as if the TWTR deal was just a pretext.

According to the new filings, Musk dumped the shares on Aug. 5, the day when TSLA stocks tumbled some 8%.

The sale took place shortly after Musk’s latest taunt to shorts, who it appears were right – judging by Musk’s own sale – but were squeezed nonetheless.

With the latest sale, Musk has now sold around $32 billion worth of TSLA stock in the past 10 months.  

Tesla’s stock slumped late last year as Musk offloaded more than $16 billion worth of shares, his first sales in more than five years. The disposals started in November after Musk polled Twitter users on whether he should trim his stake.

The shares have risen about 35% from its recent lows in May. Some have noted how every time Musk dumps a boatload of stock, an unexplained gamma squeeze kicks in just before the sale, affording Musk a far higher sale price.

It is surely also a coincidence, that just as Musk was about to dump his shares, a massive burst of retail buying emerged in recent weeks, which it is safe to say, spilled over into meme stonks and forced the latest WallStreetBets short squeeze. As a reminder, last Wednesday we wrote that “Explosion In Retail Buying Revealed As Source Of Latest Tesla Stock Surge.” Perhaps some regulator will finally look into this.

Of course, there is a less sinister explanation: Musk and Twitter have reached a settlement agreement, and Musk was quietly prefunding the balance of his purchase commitments, which means that Twitter employees are about to have a very unpleasant night. Then again, if not one can add this latest Tesla mega-dump to the long list of bizarre events Musk will have to explain in court in a few months…

This post was originally published at Zero Hedge

Continue Reading

Economy

“Anything But A Cashless Society”: Physical Money Makes Comeback As UK Households Battle Inflation

Published

on

Zero Hedge

Mario Gutiérrez/Getty Images

The World Economic Forum (WEF) has been pushing hard for a ‘cashless society’ in a post-pandemic world, though physical money has made a comeback in at least one European country as consumers increasingly use notes and coins to help them balance household budgets amid an inflationary storm

Britain’s Post Office released a report Monday that revealed even though the recent accelerated use of cards and digital payments on smartphones, demand for cash surged this summer, according to The Guardian. It said branches handled £801mln in personal cash withdrawals in July, an increase of 8% over June. The yearly change on last month’s figures was up 20% versus the July 2021 figure of £665mln.

Across the Post Office’s 11,500 branches, £3.31bln in cash was deposited and withdrawn in July — a record high for any month dating back over three centuries of operations. 

The report pointed out that increasing physical cash demand was primarily due to more people managing their budgets via notes and coins on a “day-by-day basis.” It said some withdrawals were from vacationers needing cash for “staycations” in the UK. About 600,000 cash payouts totaling £90mln were from people who received power bill support from the government, the Post Office noted. 

Britain is anything but a cashless society,” according to the Post Office’s banking director Martin Kearsley.

“We’re seeing more and more people increasingly reliant on cash as the tried and tested way to manage a budget. Whether that’s for a staycation in the UK or if it’s to help prepare for financial pressures expected in the autumn, cash access in every community is critical,” Kearsley said.

We noted in February 2021, UK’s largest ATM network saw plummeting demand as consumers reduced cash usage. At the time, we asked this question: “How long will the desire for good old-fashioned bank notes last?

… and the answer is not long per the Post Office’s new report as The Guardian explains: “inflation going up and many bills expected to rise further – has led a growing numbers of people to turn once again to cash to help them plan their spending.” 

So much for WEF, central banks, and major corporations pushing for cashless societies worldwide, more importantly, trying to usher in a hyper-centralized CBDC dystopia. With physical cash back in style in the UK, the move towards a cashless society could be a much more challenging task for elites than previously thought. 

This post was originally published at Zero Hedge

Continue Reading

Economy

Unbelievable News Out of Spain

Total insanity.

Published

on

Spain’s socialist government is actually imposing a decree that bans air conditioning below 27°C (80.6°F).

It’s going ahead despite violating a labor law which states the temperature can be no higher than 25°C.

Please share this video! https://youtu.be/l3NS9DM8Nw8

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

PJW Shop

ALERT!

In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Get early access, exclusive content and behinds the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

Trending