Connect with us

World News

World Number 1 Tennis Player To Be Banned From Wimbledon Unless He Denounces Putin

He’s already called for peace, but that’s not enough

Published

on

Regina Cortina/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The world’s current number one tennis player Daniil Medvedev faces a ban from competing at the Wimbledon tournament in London unless he publicly denounces Vladimir Putin, according to reports.

The British Minister for Sport Nigel Huddleston stated Wednesday at a select committee in parliament that Russian and Belarusian players will have to go before cameras and tell the world they are opposed to the actions of their countries in Ukraine in order to compete.

Huddleston added that just avoiding flying the flag or wearing the colours of their countries wouldn’t be enough.

“Many countries have agreed that they will not allow representatives from Russia to compete,” the minister said, adding “There are also visa issues as well. When it comes to individuals, that is more complex.”

“Absolutely nobody flying the flag for Russia should be allowed or enabled,” Huddleston emphasised.

“We need some potential assurance that they are not supporters of Putin and we are considering what requirements we may need to try and get some assurances along those lines,” he added.

Huddleston also said “It would be better if we can decide some broad global consensus on this.”

There was no assurance from the minister as to whether Medvedev and other Russians or Belarusians would be protected if they publicly denounce their leaders.

Medvedev has previously been asked about the situation in Ukraine, responding “My message is always the same — I want peace in all of the world.”

Apparently that isn’t enough for hopped up UK government sports and culture ministers who suddenly think they’re the spearhead of war with Putin.

The World Tennis Association has announced that it does not agree with the potential ban on Russian players, with WTA head Steve Simon noting “I can tell you that we have never banned athletes from participating on our tour as the result of political positions their leadership may take, so it would take something very significant for that to change, but again we don’t know where this is going.”

“I feel very strongly that these individual athletes should not be the ones that are being penalized by the decisions of an authoritarian leadership that is obviously doing terrible, reprehensible things.” Simon further urged.

The situation with Medvedev is interesting in relation to the situation with Novak Djokovic, who faces being banned from competing at Wimbledon and other tournaments because he remains unvaccinated. The world’s number one and number two players are both facing having their careers cut short merely for not publicly amplifying the current groupthink narrative demands of political zealots.

Meanwhile, cancel culture has now been extended to an entire country because of the actions of its leader.

As we previously reported, the Montreal Symphony Orchestra has banned a a young Russian prodigy pianist from taking part in its events, despite the musician publicly opposing the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

It’s not enough to submit to the mob by performing a public act of ideological subservience.

Anyone and everything Russian is up for erasure, including Russian cats, Russian Air B&Bs and Russian teams in FIFA Video games.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————
Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/ PJW Shop

ALERT! In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

We need you to sign up for our free newsletter here.

Support our sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Also, we urgently need your financial support here. ———————————————————————————————————————

  • Continue Reading
    Comments

    World News

    Zelensky Critic Arrested in Spain on Orders of Ukrainian Government

    Even though he condemned Russia’s invasion.

    Published

    on

    Video Screenshot

    A popular YouTuber and critic of President Zelensky was arrested in Spain at the behest of the Ukrainian government on charges of treason and faces extradition, despite publicly condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

    Yes, really.

    Anatoly Shariy, who has almost 3 million YouTuber subscribers, was detained on an international arrest warrant in a joint operation by Spanish and Ukrainian police, as well as international “partners,” according to the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU).

    They claim that Shariy has been acting on behalf of “foreign” forces by infringing Ukraine’s national security via his media commentary on the war and engaging in “incitement of hatred.”

    Shariy’s arrest “is more proof that every traitor of Ukraine will sooner or later receive his well-deserved punishment. It is inevitable,” the SBU asserted.

    The blogger had previously been granted asylum by the EU in 2012 after fleeing persecution by the government of Viktor Yanukovich, who was pro-Russian.

    Despite condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Shariy’s criticism of Zelensky’s response was apparently enough for him to be targeted by Ukrainian authorities.

    Having had his passport seized, Shariy is now in Barcelona under a travel ban until a decision on his extradition to Ukraine is made. President Zelensky’s representative at the Constitutional Court said Shariy will “face a Ukrainian court and will be held liable in line with Ukrainian laws.”

    In response to his arrest, Shariy posted a picture of his wife feeding parrots in Barcelona, commenting, “This really is a comedy.”

    Shariy’s arrest once again puts to bed the idea that Ukraine is some kind of beacon of democracy, when its authorities treat dissidents exactly the same way dissidents are treated in Russia.

    Last month, footage was released of Associated Press accompanying armed men from the Ukraine Security Service as they kidnapped and arrested dissidents from their own homes.

    SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

    Follow on Twitter:

    ———————————————————————————————————————

    Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

    PJW Shop

    ALERT!

    In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

    I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

    Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

    Get early access, exclusive content and behinds the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

    ———————————————————————————————————————

    Continue Reading

    World News

    Macron Claims Banning Islamic Veil Would Spark “Civil War” in France

    But polls show majority of French still want to see it banned.

    Published

    on

    Kiran Ridley via Getty Images

    French President Emmanuel Macron claimed during a debate that banning the Islamic veil would spark “civil war” in France, although a majority of French people still support the ban.

    Macron made the statement during a presidential debate with challenger Marine Le Pen.

    Le Pen, who supports a full ban on the veil, said she was “not carrying out a war against their religion.”

    “I am for the banning of the veil in public space. The veil is a uniform imposed by the Islamists, a large part of the young women who put it on cannot do otherwise in reality, even if they dare not say so,” Le Pen told viewers.

    “What you’re saying is very serious,” Macron responded. “You’re going to create civil war if you do it.”

    However, polls show that the majority of the electorate side with Le Pen in supporting the banning of the veil.

    A poll conducted last month showed 61 per cent were in favor of banning the veil.

    A more recent survey found that 35 per cent were “totally for” banning the veil, while a further 25 per cent were “rather for” the move.

    Perhaps Macron should be asking why France is accommodating so many people who would immediately resort to violence if their feelings are hurt.

    It’s no surprise that the Great Mosque of Paris has urged Muslims in France to vote for Macron in order to help defeat Le Pen.

    In a video statement, the rector of the mosque, Chems-Eddine Hafiz, claimed that “malicious forces are speaking out today calling for the banishment of Muslims.”

    Urging Muslims not to ignore the election, he stated, “Abstention from voting and the blank votes will strengthen the far-right wing.”

    Meanwhile, a new mosque in Toulouse that can accommodate 4,000 people has just opened while Christian churches continue to be desecrated and closed down on a daily basis.

    Figures show that nearly 25 per cent of all newborn babies in France have an Arab name.

    And the French are likely to vote for the continuation of all this be re-electing Macron on Sunday.

    SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

    Follow on Twitter:

    ———————————————————————————————————————

    Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

    PJW Shop

    ALERT!

    In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

    I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

    Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

    Get early access, exclusive content and behinds the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

    ———————————————————————————————————————

    Continue Reading

    World News

    Video: Elon Musk Again Sounds Alarm Over Depopulation

    “Most people in the world are operating under the false impression that we’ve got too many people.”

    Published

    on

    Steve Watson

    Screenshot

    The left’s most hated figure of the moment Elon Musk once again issued a warning over falling birth rates globally, noting that “Most people in the world are operating under the false impression that we’ve got too many people.”

    Mathias Döpfner, CEO of Axel Springer, asked Musk what keeps him awake at night, to which the Space X CEO responded that negative birthrates “might be the biggest threat to the future of human civilization.”

    Musk noted that so called ‘experts’ are promulgating the myth that the planet is overpopulated.

    “This is not true. Earth could maintain a population many times the current level. And the birth rate has been dropping like crazy,” Musk urged.

    Citing Japan as a startling example of depopulation, Musk added that “ridiculous population estimates from the [United Nations]” should be “updated, because really, they don’t make any sense.”

    Watch:

    Full interview:

    Earlier this year, Musk asserted that “If people don’t have more children, civilization is going to crumble, mark my words.”

    Musk countered claims that “the population is growing out of control,” a refrain often made by environmentalists, asserting that the truth is “completely the opposite.”

    Recent studies have shown that more people are refraining from having children citing concerns over the climate, health and overpopulation, while Researchers at the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation recently warned that the planet is not prepared for an ongoing global population crash, and that the impact will be “jaw dropping”.

    SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

    Follow on Twitter:

    ———————————————————————————————————————
    Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/ PJW Shop

    ALERT! In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

    We need you to sign up for our free newsletter here.

    Support our sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

    Also, we urgently need your financial support here. ———————————————————————————————————————

  • Continue Reading

    Trending