Connect with us

Politics

Report: National Guard To Stay In DC ‘Through Fall 2021’

Why?

Published

on

Sarah Silbiger/Getty Images

A leaked email suggests that there are plans to keep the National Guard in Washington DC beyond the previously discussed deadline of March 12th, and throughout the Summer AND Fall.

A report by FOX 5 cites an internal email seen by reporters that reveals The National Security Council is asking the Department of Defense to engage Capitol Police on planning for post-March 12th support.

The report notes that there will be a meeting for agencies to discuss the matter next Wednesday, February 17th.

The email was written by Robert Salesses who is covering the duties of Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and Global Security.

It states:

“If it’s not possible to sustain at the current level with NG personnel, we need to establish the number of NG personnel (DCNG and out-of-state) we can sustain for an extended period – at least through Fall 2021 – and understand additional options for providing DoD support, to include use of reserve personnel, as well as active component.”

While troops were expected to stay in DC for the duration of the impeachment sideshow, owing to “security concerns,” it now appears that they will remain even longer.

The Pentagon has confirmed that there are still around 6000 National Guard troops in DC. While there have been indications that the number will be reduced to 5000 within a month, there have been no other indications of when troops will be stood down.

There is also no indication of when the huge razor wire topped security fencing will be removed from around Capitol Hill.

The Guard have been given virtually no information about what they are required to do, with one soldier previously describing the situation as “very unusual for any military mission.”

As we reported last month, thousands of the troops were forced to sleep OUTSIDE and in a parking Garage near the Capitol building after a Democratic lawmaker complained that ONE guardsmen was not wearing a face mask.

The estimated cost of keeping the security measures is so far close to $500 million.

Without a legitimate reason to keep troops in DC any longer, Americans can only assume that the Biden administration and the Democrats feel their grip on power needs protecting by a permanent military presence.

Continue Reading
Comments

Politics

Sen. Josh Hawley: Time to “Bury” Republican Party, “Build Something New”

Calls for massive reform after mid-terms failure.

Published

on

Joe Raedle via Getty Images

After a highly disappointing performance in the mid-term elections, Senator Josh Hawley says it’s time to “bury” the old Republican Party and “build something new.”

Although Republicans had a good chance of capturing the Senate, it now appears as though they could end up losing a seat following defeats in Arizona and Nevada, with a run off in Georgia to follow next month.

They are also only set to win the House with a slim majority, far from the relatively easy win predicted, as forecasts of a “red wave” completely failed to materialize.

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) reacted to the outcome by calling for massive reform.

“The old party is dead. Time to bury it. Build something new,” Hawley tweeted in response to Republican Adam Laxalt losing the Nevada Senate race to Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto’s (D-NV).

Hawley’s demand for change arrives after he indicated he would not support Sen. Mitch McConnell for Senate GOP leadership.

“I don’t imagine I will, no,” Hawley said, adding, “I’m not sure if any other senator will run or not. Nobody’s indicated they would. But my view is that we need new leadership in that position.”

Hawley has been vocal on a number of advocacy issues that the Republican establishment has largely ignored, including breaking up Big Tech, calling for the U.S. to withdraw from the WTO, and creating tax credits for working class families.

Meanwhile, President Trump is still set to announce his run for presidency in 2024 this week, despite many Republicans blaming his interventions for their poor mid-term performance.

Former Trump adviser Jason Miller says the billionaire will ignore calls for him to delay the announcement.

“President Trump is going to announce on Tuesday that he’s running for president. And it’s going to be a very professional, very buttoned-up announcement,” said Mr Miller.

Miller says Trump told him while playing golf, “Of course I’m running. I’m going to do this, and I want to make sure people know that I’m fired up.”

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

PJW Shop

ALERT!

In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Get early access, exclusive content and behind the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

Politics

Trump Set to Ignore GOP Advice to Delay Presidential Announcement

Announcement set for 9pm Tuesday at Mar-a-Lago.

Published

on

Joe Raedle via Getty Images

Donald Trump is set to ignore GOP advice to hold off on announcing his presidential candidacy until after a Georgia runoff election that could potentially decide the Senate, with the announcement now expected on Tuesday.

Trump has reportedly been itching to announce his comeback run for months, but Republican leadership insisted that he hold off until after the mid-terms.

Now Trump has revealed he will make a special announcement at 9pm EST from his Mar-a-Lago home next week.

During a rally last Monday, Trump indicated he would make the announcement the following week, although with final election results in several states not expected for days, that won’t happen.

The Georgia run off is scheduled to take place on December 6 and could determine who controls the Senate, depending on the results in Nevada and Arizona, where votes are still being counted.

There was speculation as far back as June that Trump was about to announce his candidacy, claims that were bolstered when an unlisted video discovered on YouTube showing the former president’s plane getting a new paint job.

However, with some of the candidates Trump endorsed underperforming, more Republicans are now aligning behind Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, although DeSantis would have an uphill struggle defeating Trump in the primaries.

Trump has now “declared war” on DeSantis according to media reports, accusing him of “playing games” and manipulating the media.

“NewsCorp, which is Fox, the Wall Street Journal, and the no longer great New York Post, is all in for Governor Ron DeSanctimonious, an average REPUBLICAN Governor with great Public Relations,” wrote Trump in an email to supporters.

Fox News responded to the mid-term results, where DeSantis crushed his opponent in Florida but the wider “red wave” failed to materialize, by running an op-ed titled ‘Ron DeSantis is the new Republican Party leader’.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

PJW Shop

ALERT!

In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Get early access, exclusive content and behind the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

Politics

b l a c k p i l l e d

The strangest election ever?

Published

on

A historically unpopular president with rapidly declining cognitive abilities.

Presiding over a crippling inflation crisis and an economy heading south in a hurry.

And he has a better mid-term record than Barack Obama or Bill Clinton.

Makes perfect sense.

Please share this video! https://youtu.be/q9t6XfMRj4Q

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

PJW Shop

ALERT!

In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Get early access, exclusive content and behind the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

Trending