Connect with us

censorship

Twitter Is STILL Refusing to Unlock NY Post’s Account

The platform has told the Post that access will not be restored until all Hunter Biden coverage is completely deleted.

Published

on

Jakub Porzycki/NurPhoto via Getty Images

The New York Post’s Twitter account has been locked since last Wednesday, and Twitter is refusing to restore access until the newspaper deletes all posts pertaining to its Hunter Biden coverage.

Despite Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey admitting that it was wrong to immediately censor the Post’s tweets, the company is still blocking the account, reports Fox Business.

The Post has been unable to use the social network since last week.

“Anyone who looks at The Post’s Twitter feed can’t even see the tweets about the Biden stories, which have been replaced by messages saying, ‘This Tweet is no longer available,’” the Fox Business report notes.

“Twitter confirmed to FOX Business that the Post ‘has been informed what is necessary to unlock their account,’” including “six tweets about its reporting on 2020 Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden,” the report adds.

Twitter blocked the initial NY Post story, as well as follow ups and related stories.

The company also initially blocked other users from posting anything about the scandal, but appeared to do a 180 on the policy after backlash.

The NY Post says that Twitter told them that “While we’ve updated the policy, we don’t change enforcement retroactively. You will still need to delete the Tweets to regain access to your account.”

The newspaper claims that Twitter has not given them any indication of how their reporting violates Twitter’s terms of service, nor has it provided information on how to resolve the issue.

“Twitter hasn’t responded to an inquiry from The Post asking how it determined that the stories in question were allegedly based on ‘hacked materials,’” the Post reported.

Continue Reading
Comments

censorship

DeSantis Threatens Congressional Action if Apple Boots Twitter From App Store

Blasts company for helping CCP crush dissent in China.

Published

on

Scott Olson via Getty Images

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis blasted Apple for helping the Communist Chinese Party crush dissent while apparently planning to do the same in America by kicking Twitter off the app store.

DeSantis made the comments after Elon Musk indicated he was going to war with the iPhone maker following the revelation that Apple was threatening to delete Twitter from its app store over Musk’s support for free speech.

The Florida Governor noted that Apple’s threat was made shortly before an expected ban amnesty on Twitter was due to take place that would have seen countless unfairly suspended accounts return to the platform.

“If Apple responds to that by nuking them from the App Store, I think that would be a huge, huge mistake and it would be a really raw exercise of monopolistic power that I think would merit a response from the United States Congress,” DeSantis said.

He also cited reports that Apple was restricting the AirDrop feature in China, preventing protesters against Beijing’s brutal ‘zero COVID’ lockdown from communicating with each other.

“Don’t be a vassal of the [Chinese Communist Party] on one hand and then use your corporate power in the United States on the other to suffocate Americans and try to suppress their right to express themselves,” DeSantis said.

The Florida Governor noted that many of the unfairly suspended Twitter accounts had been nuked for “putting out accurate information about COVID,” accusing “the old regime” on Twitter of trying to “suffocate the dissent” surrounding lockdowns and vaccine mandates.

On Monday, Musk also revealed that Apple had stopped advertising on Twitter, presumably in preparation for taking further action.

Speculation over app stores potentially targeting Twitter intensified after Apple executive Phil Schiller deactivated his Twitter account for no apparent reason days after Donald Trump was restored to the platform.

As we document in the video below, Apple has a history of helping the Chinese government snuff out protest movements, so for them to do it in the west wouldn’t be a huge surprise.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

PJW Shop

ALERT!

In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Get early access, exclusive content and behind the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

censorship

Twitter Stops Enforcing COVID-19 Misinformation Policy

Published

on

Zero Hedge

Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Twitter will no longer enforce its Covid-19 misinformation policy, under which users who deviated from prevailing establishment narratives frequently had their accounts locked or suspended.

The longstanding policy did not apply to misinformation from government officials, who regularly lied about things such as transmission, masks, vaccine efficacy, side effects, or any of the other ‘science’ which turned out to be patently false.

Twitter did not officially announce the change, rather, the company added a note to a page on its website outlining its Covid-19 policy.

Effective November 23, 2022, Twitter is no longer enforcing the COVID-19 misleading information policy,” reads the note, which follows a line that still reads: “As the global community faces the COVID-19 pandemic together, Twitter is helping people find reliable information, connect with others, and follow what’s happening in real time.”

What’s more, Sky News reports that the company’s Covid-19 ‘misleading information’ policy was nuked, which showed that the company operated on a strike system in which those who had a label added to their tweets were given one strike, while those with deleted tweets were given two strikes. Users with two to three strikes would have a 12-hour lockout, while those with four strikes were permanently suspended.

The platform suspended more than 11,000 accounts and removed nearly 98,000 pieces of content for violating its COVID misinformation policy between January 2022 and September 2022, according to information published by Twitter.

The site also reduced the visibility of tweets or accounts believed to be in violation of the policy by stopping tweets or retweets from those accounts appearing in certain parts of Twitter, displaying their replies in lower positions in conversations and excluding their tweets or account from recommendations on the site. -Sky News

Of note, half of Twitter’s content moderation, human rights and communications teams were laid off when new owner Elon Musk took over. Hundreds more left after Musk issued an ultimatum to staff requiring them to sign up for “long hours at high intensity” or leave.

Meanwhile…

This post originally appeared at Zero Hedge

Continue Reading

censorship

F**k Apple

Trying to kick Elon’s Twitter off the app store.

Published

on

Who made Apple the Praetorian Guards of the Internet?

Why should they have a monopoly over permissible content when 97.5% of their donations go to Democrats?

And who made them moral arbiters of anything given what they get up to in China?

Please share this video! https://youtu.be/2uS8tUbdBNc

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

Brand new merch now available! Get it at https://www.pjwshop.com/

PJW Shop

ALERT!

In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.

I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

Get early access, exclusive content and behind the scenes stuff by following me on Locals.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

Trending

Privacy Policy Cookie Policy

Copyright © 2020 Summit News