Connect with us

censorship

YouTube CEO Admits Users Don’t Like Boosting of “Authoritative” Mainstream Channels, But They Do it Anyway

“It doesn’t matter.”

Published

on

FilmMagic/Getty Images

YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki admits that the company knows its users don’t like the video giant rigging its own algorithm to boost “authoritative” mainstream sources, but that they do it anyway.

For several years now, the company has artificially gamed its own search engine to ensure that independent content creators are buried underneath a wall of mainstream media content.

This rigging is so severe that the company basically broke its own search engine, with some videos posted by independent creators almost impossible to find even if the user searches for the exact title.

The change was made to help struggling mainstream networks who were losing the eyeball war to independent content creators despite their massive financial backing.

In an interview with the New York Times’ “Rabbit Hole” podcast, Wojcicki said the decision to push “authoritative” search results was made after the Nice massacre, but that even after the change, these results were performing poorly in terms of engagement.

“The users don’t wanna actually see it,” YouTube engineers told Wojcicki at the time.

But Wojcicki refused to listen and told them, “It doesn’t matter. We have a responsibility. Something happened in the world and it’s important for our users to know.”

“In the years since Wojcicki made this decision, YouTube has rigged the site heavily in favor of authoritative sources to the point that they’re now 10x more likely to top search results for some news events while YouTubers won’t even get recommended for breaking news,” reports Reclaim the Net.

As we previously highlighted, the company’s disdain for its own user base was also underscored by its Chief Product Officer Neil Mohan insulting non-mainstream YouTube creators as basement-dwelling idiots.

This followed a new policy by the company to remove any content that challenged the World Health Organization’s official coronavirus guidelines, despite the fact that those guidelines have changed numerous times.

Perhaps the reason why YouTube’s users don’t like the company boosting mainstream media channels is because the media is widely distrusted and loathed.

The same thing could eventually happen to YouTube if it continues to stab the independent creators who helped build it in the back.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading
Comments

censorship

Twitter Censors, Locks Breitbart’s Account Over Pro-HCQ Doctor’s Livestream

“Tweets with the video are in violation of our Covid-19 misinformation policy.”

Published

on

Steve Watson

Rafael Henrique/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images

Twitter continued to crack down on anyone sharing the viral video of a group of doctors touting hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) as a Covid-19 “cure” Tuesday, removing a tweet containing a link to the video by Breitbart News and locking the outlet’s account.

Breitbart announced that its video of America’s Frontline Doctors was removed from Twitter with the justification from the platform that “tweets with the video are in violation of our Covid-19 misinformation policy.”

“Footage of the livestream on Periscope, Twitter’s livestreaming platform, had generated 1 million views before being removed by the site.” Breitbart noted.

The outlet added that “Footage on Facebook had accumulated over 17 million views within 8 hours and had 185,000 concurrent viewers at the time it was streamed.”

“On YouTube, a clip from the event received 80,000 views before being removed by the platform for ‘violating YouTube’s Community Guidelines.'” the report added.

Breitbart then found that its Twitter account had been “limited” as a punishment for “violating the policy on spreading misleading an potentially harmful information related to COVID-19”:

Twitter also censored Donald Trump Jr.’s account after he shared the America’s Frontline Doctors video.

Watch the viral video that is being censored all over the internet at Banned.video:

Continue Reading

censorship

Google Search Blacklists Major Conservative Websites in New Censorship Purge

Breitbart, Daily Caller, Human Events & Infowars all disappear from search results.

Published

on

SOPA Images/Getty Images

Google search has blacklisted numerous major conservative websites by removing them from results in what appears to be a major new censorship purge.

Breitbart, the Daily Caller, Infowars, Human Events and Red State are all missing when a user searches directly for those websites on Google.com.

Some of the sites have small link from their Wikipedia bio on the right hand side, but are absent from main search results.

Searches for direct headlines from the same outlets also return either nothing or links to corporate media news stories.

The fact that the purge has happened less than four months before the presidential election once again makes a mockery of Google’s claim to be non-bias.

Back in 2018, Google CEO Sundar Pichai responded to claims that staff had gamed search results to display a pro-immigration bias by asserting, “We do not bias our products to favor any political agenda.”

During a subsequent House Judiciary Committee, Pichai again claimed that Google’s policy was non-partisan.

With Google apparently blacklisting a raft of major conservative websites, those claims now appear to be farcical.

We shouldn’t be too shocked however given that during Google’s first all-staff meeting following the 2016 election, the company vowed to do everything in its power to stop Trump winning again.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

There is a war on free speech. Without your support, my voice will be silenced.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

censorship

CNN Annoyed That Twitter Hasn’t Censored Trump More

“Rigid rules like these give Trump an opening to spread his harmful messaging.”

Published

on

Steve Watson

Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

CNN is pissed that Twitter has not more aggressively censored posts by The President of the United States, complaining that the platform’s ‘fact check’ rules are ‘too rigid’ and “allow Trump to continue spreading false information about the election.”

Writer Marshall Cohen notes that while Twitter initially censored Trump back in May, “seven weeks later, and after a dozen similarly untruthful tweets from the President, that extraordinary step by Twitter looks more like a one-time aberration than the new normal.”

Cohen further complains that Trump has used the phrase “rigged election” five times in recent posts “Yet, Twitter took no action”.

“Rigid rules like these give Trump an opening to spread his harmful messaging about fraudulent elections — unencumbered — even if his posts are filled with debunked allegations and rumors,” Cohen whines.

Cohen seems to advocate that Twitter should move “into a position they’ve resisted since their inception,” that being “deciding what is true and false.”

Cohen further suggested that the news emerging concerning the huge hack of Twitter is connected to Trump spreading “Threats, vulnerabilities, viral misinfo, etc.”

Others disagreed:

Continue Reading

Trending