Wrongthink could be defined as ‘misleading voters’
Youtube announced this week that it will begin removing election-related videos that are “manipulated or doctored” with the aim of influencing voters.
The move is part of an effort by the Google owned company to be a “more reliable source” for news and to promote a “healthy political discourse”.
YouTube’s vice president of government affairs and public policy, Leslie Miller commented “…the service’s community standards prohibit content that has been technically manipulated or doctored in a way that misleads users… and may pose a serious risk of egregious harm.”
Of course, what constitutes “manipulation” and a “healthy political discourse” will be entirely decided by techie elites in Silicon Vally, who don’t have the most balanced of records.
Therefore, merely including footage of election candidates in videos and expressing an opinion that doesn’t jive with YouTube overlords could be construed as ‘misleading voters’ by the company.
YouTube says it is not only going to focus on so called ‘deep fake’ videos, where AI software is used to make it appear that a political figure is doing or saying something they have actually never done or said, but that they will also look for what they describe as ‘shallow fakes’.
Again, what ‘shallow fakes’ actually are is not specifically explained, except to say that they use more ‘rudimentary’ techniques than deep fakes to mislead voters.
The only specific examples YouTube gives is that it will remove videos that claim “a candidate is not eligible to hold office based on false information about citizenship status requirements” and that it will remove any video “manipulated to make it appear that a government official is dead” or that “aims to mislead people about voting or the census processes, like telling viewers an incorrect voting date.”
YouTube has a recent history of banning Conservative opinion on its platform:
The move by YouTube follows an announcement by Facebook that it will not interfere with political ads on its platform, and an announcement conversely by Twitter that it will ban all political ads for candidates.
Twitter also announced that it will crack down on ‘synthetic or manipulated media that are likely to cause harm’:
Translation: We will ban you for memes. https://t.co/JUFa4pby5m
— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) February 4, 2020
The platform just banned conservative investigative reporter James O’Keefe for probing into Bernie Sanders’ campaign:
Twitter suspends Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe for reporting on Democrat Bernie Sanders pic.twitter.com/yTlOgQzAKy
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) February 5, 2020
Report: Hunter Biden Story Was Most Read On Social Media Despite Attempts To Kill It
Big Tech censorship doesn’t work
Despite efforts by Twitter and Facebook to completely censor the bombshell New York Post story concerning Hunter Biden’s “laptop from hell”, it was the most popular political topic on those platforms, according to a report from Axios.
The report cites data supplied by social media engagement tracking firm NewsWhip, which revealed that the Post’s story “generated 2.59m interactions (likes, comments, shares) on Facebook and Twitter last week — more than double the next biggest story about Trump or Biden.”
This was despite the fact that Facebook cracked down on users sharing the story, and Twitter censored the link to the initial NY Post story, as well as follow ups and related stories, and locked the accounts of anyone who attempted to share it.
The New York Post’s Twitter account is STILL locked, as Twitter is demanding deletion of all tweets related to the story.
The Axios report also notes that five of the ten most popular stories last week were about the Hunter Biden revelations, or the attempted censorship by Facebook and Twitter.
Indeed, the censorship of the story almost overtook the actual story itself in terms of interaction.
“Behind the Biden story itself, Facebook and Twitter’s response to the report was the second biggest topic last week,” the report states, adding “The backlash largely came from the right, which accused the tech platforms of meddling in the election through inappropriate censorship.”
The report also highlights that the Hunter Biden story was the 6th-most engaged article this month, only behind huge news such as Trump testing positive for COVID-19.
According to the figures, 83% of the interactions concerning the Hunter Biden story happened on Facebook, with 17% on Twitter.
This all goes to prove that attempted censorship by big tech only amplifies scrutiny of the issue at hand.
Perhaps they need a more bold move?
Alex Jones breaks down the Dems’ final solution to steal the presidential election by using the internet killswitch.
Instagram Refuses to Remove ‘Black Art’ Image Showing Severed Heads of White People
“People may express themselves differently.”
Social media giant Instagram, which routinely removes ‘offensive’ content, has refused to remove a ‘black art’ image depicting the severed heads of white people, arguing that “people may express themselves differently.”
The image was posted by an account called ‘supportblackart’ and features two obese black women carrying the severed heads of a white man and a white woman.
After the image was reported to the Facebook-owned company, it responded by saying the sick artwork didn’t violate their community guidelines.
In explaining its decision not to remove the image, Instagram stated, “Because Instagram is a global community, we understand that people may express themselves differently.”
It's really nice when extremely powerful multi-national corporations decide what is for the greater good for everyone to consume.
And hold on….. doesn't Instagram institute a titty ban!? pic.twitter.com/ooetmukxJd
— Luke Rudkowski (@Lukewearechange) October 20, 2020
Naturally, if a piece of ‘art’ depicting two white people holding the decapitated heads of two black people was posted to Instagram, the post would be removed and the user immediately banned forever.
As we have highlighted numerous times, Instagram’s hypocrisy when it comes to censorship is rampant. Check out a shortlist of the content the platform has removed in recent times.
– Earlier this month, Instagram announced that it would be banning all QAnon accounts due to their alleged promotion of “real world harm,” yet simultaneously refused to ban ISIS accounts that celebrated 9/11, arguing, as in the case of the ‘black art’ image, that glorifying terrorist attacks was a form of alternative expression.
– Last month we highlighted how Instagram was promoting images of obese people in the name of ‘body positivity’ while refusing to accept healthy eating ads which include photos that show people with well toned bodies.
– Last year, Instagram started ‘fact checking’ and removing memes, including obvious satire such as a meme that said Hillary Clinton had killed Jeffrey Epstein. Only memes that made fun of leftists were impacted by the policy.
– In October last year, Instagram began removing photos of people doing the ‘OK hand sign’, ludicrously claiming that it was a form of “hate speech”.
– While allowing Islamic jihadists to celebrate terrorism, Instagram routinely removed photographs of people at gun ranges, claiming that the images violate “violence or dangerous organization guidelines.”
– The company also removed a photo of Kaitlyn Bennett stood in front of an American flag, presumably because she was wearing an ‘Infowars’ t-shirt.
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:
Follow on Twitter: Follow @PrisonPlanet
In the age of mass Silicon Valley censorship It is crucial that we stay in touch.
I need you to sign up for my free newsletter here.
Also, I urgently need your financial support here.
Twitter Is STILL Refusing to Unlock NY Post’s Account
The platform has told the Post that access will not be restored until all Hunter Biden coverage is completely deleted.
The New York Post’s Twitter account has been locked since last Wednesday, and Twitter is refusing to restore access until the newspaper deletes all posts pertaining to its Hunter Biden coverage.
The Post has been unable to use the social network since last week.
“Anyone who looks at The Post’s Twitter feed can’t even see the tweets about the Biden stories, which have been replaced by messages saying, ‘This Tweet is no longer available,’” the Fox Business report notes.
“Twitter confirmed to FOX Business that the Post ‘has been informed what is necessary to unlock their account,’” including “six tweets about its reporting on 2020 Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden,” the report adds.
The company also initially blocked other users from posting anything about the scandal, but appeared to do a 180 on the policy after backlash.
The NY Post says that Twitter told them that “While we’ve updated the policy, we don’t change enforcement retroactively. You will still need to delete the Tweets to regain access to your account.”
The newspaper claims that Twitter has not given them any indication of how their reporting violates Twitter’s terms of service, nor has it provided information on how to resolve the issue.
“Twitter hasn’t responded to an inquiry from The Post asking how it determined that the stories in question were allegedly based on ‘hacked materials,’” the Post reported.
clownworld4 days ago
San Diego School District Announces it Will Eliminate Grading Standards to “Combat Racism”
Coronavirus3 days ago
Australia: Four Newborn Babies Die After Being Denied Heart Surgery Due to COVID Travel Rules
Coronavirus5 days ago
Man Punched Because He Removed Face Mask to Speak to His Elderly Mother
Coronavirus17 hours ago
People Prevented From Buying “Non-Essential” Items Due to Lockdown
censorship4 days ago
Instagram Refuses to Remove ‘Black Art’ Image Showing Severed Heads of White People
Politics3 days ago
Citing White Birth Rates, Chinese Ambassador Claims Western Leaders Are Pursuing a “Genocide Policy”
Politics2 days ago
VIDEO: Obama Mocks Trump For Believing ‘Secret Cabals Run The World’; Trump Hits Back
Coronavirus23 hours ago
Sweden Refuses to Impose New Lockdown Measures, Saying People Have Suffered Enough