Connect with us

Art/Architecture

Banana Duct-Taped to a Wall “Art Installation” Sells For $120,000

Piece called ‘Comedian’ – presumably because the artist is laughing all the way to the bank.

Published

on

An “art installation” which consists of a banana duct-taped to a wall has sold for $120,000 at an art fair in Miami, Florida.

Organizers at the Art Basel Miami Beach exhibition said two editions of the ‘work’, created by “artist” Maurizio Cattelan each sold for $120,000 while the price of a third edition has been raised to $150,000.

The work is called ‘Comedian’ – presumably because Cattelan is laughing all the way to the bank.

“The banana is many things – a symbol of global trade, a witty double entendre, and a classic device for humour,” claimed a spokesperson for the art fair.

Art journalist Sarah Cascone says the piece is the “talk of the town in Miami right now,” with Cattelan having bought the banana from a Miami supermarket.

“You can tell if a society is collapsing when stuff like this becomes prevalent,” commented on Twitter user in response to the “art”.

Cattelan claims he spent a year working on the piece (yes he really said that), agonizing over whether to make the banana resin or bronze, but eventually just settling on a plain banana.

“In the end, one day I woke up and I said ‘the banana is supposed to be a banana’,” he said.

Cattelan plans to sell the third edition of the “art” to a museum, with two institutions having already expressed an interest in purchasing it.

Gallery owner Emmanuel Perrotin dismissed criticism that the piece was a joke, claiming that the shape of the fruit and the angle it has been fixed with duct tape to the wall gives it meaning.

As we document in the video below, this is absolute bullshit. It’s called ‘obscurantism’ and is used to fool people into overriding their immediate and correct reaction that a piece of art, in this case a banana stuck to a wall, is completely meaningless. It is completely meaningless.

Modern art is largely a money laundering scam, with galleries colluding to create the delusion that trash – sometimes literal trash – is art when in reality it’s an insult to any normal person’s intelligence.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

———————————————————————————————————————

Art/Architecture

One Year Later, Cause of Notre Dame Fire Remains a Mystery

Investigation delayed by coronavirus lockdown.

Published

on

GEOFFROY VAN DER HASSELT via Getty Images

One year after a fire nearly destroyed the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, the cause of the blaze remains a mystery.

On April 15, 2019, the 850 year old gothic building was engulfed in flames, sending its iconic spire crumbling to the ground.

Despite police initially asserting that an electrical short circuit was the probable cause of the fire, Europe Echaffaudage said that the electricity supply to the two lifts on the site “was perfectly within specifications and well maintained.”

12 months on and there is no official conclusion as to how the fire started.

Le Journal des Arts reports that the coronavirus lockdown and the fact that the remains of the original scaffolding that the fire brought down is still on site has delayed the investigation.

“Experts still haven’t been able to gain access to the area where the blaze is believed to have begun, and that area will not be accessible until the scaffolding comes down,” reports ArtNet.

As we previously highlighted, following the blaze, the French government ordered state-employed architects not to give interviews to the media about the Notre Dame fire.

As the video below documents, in the days after the fire, BuzzFeed ran a fake news hoax denying that Muslims had celebrated the fire, despite evidence of this being manifestly provable.

I posted a video from Facebook showing users with Islamic names reacting to the burning cathedral with thumbs up and smiley face emoticons.

BuzzFeed then claimed in an article, “the video in question does not show what people on Facebook were reacting to.”

This was a complete lie. The video clearly shows the Notre Dame Cathedral burning in the background.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

Art/Architecture

New ‘Purity Test’ Tool to Scan Hollywood Scripts For ‘Diversity Bias’

Chilling echoes of Soviet realism.

Published

on

Major Hollywood studios are set to use a new tool that scans movie & TV scripts and flags up any examples where “diversity” is not portrayed positively in a chilling new development that has echoes of Soviet realism.

Called ‘Spellcheck for Bias’, the tool was developed by the Davis’ Institute on Gender in Media and USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering. It is set to be implemented by Universal Pictures, DreamWorks Animation, Focus Features and NBC Entertainment within the near future.

“The tool supposedly breaks down diversity in material such as scripts and advertising briefs by scanning for mentions of LGBTQ, race, and disabilities, and then identifying how positively such things are portrayed,” writes Zachary Leeman.

‘Beetlejuice’ actress Geena Davis has also partnered with Universal Filmed Entertainment Group to use the program “to police gender roles in scripts.”

Are we entering into an era where movies will not just be given age ratings, but also political correctness scores, with films that don’t hit diversity quotas being restricted from enjoying widespread theatrical release?

“Instead of broadening their horizons and opening their gates to more filmmakers and scripts, they’d rather invite in a police-state like tool that feels like a discarded bit from George Orwell’s ‘1984.’ Forced diversity is not diversity at all — we’ve seen how it works out at the box office — and an app developed by people trapped in the very same industry they are trying to fix sounds more like a swing for headlines than real change,” writes Leeman.

Running art through an Orwellian purity test before it can be allowed to be seen. Where have we seen that before?

Throughout the course of the Soviet empire, dictators mandated that ‘socialist realism’ be the prescribed style of idealized art.

This meant that every sculpture, statue and painting had to conform to an established aesthetic in order to “educate citizens on how to be the perfect Soviets.”

In order to entrench loyalty to the Communist Party and advance a utopian image of Soviet society, “The purpose of socialist realism was to limit popular culture to a specific, highly regulated faction of emotional expression that promoted Soviet ideals.”

While Soviets were subjected to a mono-culture designed to ensure fealty to a political dictatorship, westerners are being subjected to ‘woke’ politically correct speech codes and social engineering to ensure fealty to the new cult of diversity.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Emergency Survival Foods – delicious dishes & a 25 year shelf life!

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

Art/Architecture

Report: White House to Issue Executive Order Directing Federal Buildings to be Built in Classical Style

Make buildings beautiful again.

Published

on

The White House is reportedly preparing an executive order that would direct all new federal buildings to be built in the classical architectural style.

The Architectural Record has obtained a preliminary draft of the order, entitled ‘Making Federal Buildings Beautiful Again’, under which “the White House would require rewriting the Guiding Principles for Federal Architecture, issued in 1962, to ensure that “the classical architectural style shall be the preferred and default style” for new and upgraded federal buildings.

The order would reverse favoring Brutalist and Deconstructivist styles advocated by the General Service Administration’s (GSA) Design Excellence Program and would instead favor the architectural styles of “democratic Athens” and “republican Rome.”

The executive order trashes brutalist buildings such as the U.S. Federal Building in San Francisco, the U.S. Courthouse in Austin, Texas, and the Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. U.S. Courthouse in Miami as having “little aesthetic appeal.”

The draft order asserts that Brutalist and Deconstructivist styles “fail to satisfy” the requirements of building designs to provide “dignity, enterprise, vigor and stability.”

In a development that almost certainly isn’t a coincidence, GSA’s Chief Architect and Director of the Design Excellence Program, David Insinga, resigned his post last week.

Meanwhile, in Europe, the European Union is taking the opposite approach, with the globalist body set to enforce regulations that make historic rebuilding illegal.

“When new parts/elements are necessary, a project shall use contemporary design adding new value and/or use while respecting the existing ones,” states a new EU directive.

As I highlight in the video below, modernist architecture is cancer. Hopefully Trump’s executive order can spur other governments in the west to take the same approach.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

Trending