Connect with us

Science & Tech

NBC News Promotes Convenience of Getting a Microchip in Your Hand

“The process is simple and swift.”

Published

on

NBC News celebrated the prospect of “millions” of people getting a microchip implanted in their hand as a likely future outcome.

The segment is introduced by pointing out that people who have taken the chip do not need to carry keys, ID, credit cards or money.

It points out that embedding microchips in humans has long been a feature of dystopian fiction like Black Mirror, but that in Sweden “the microchips are already here.”

The piece also celebrates how the same contactless technology has “made cash pretty much obsolete in Sweden.”

A woman is seen receiving an implanted microchip while commenting, “I thought it would be fun, right?”

“The process is simple and swift, a pinch of the skin and in a matter of seconds the chip is inserted – the transformation is completely, the reporter Sarah Harman breezily comments as a man receiving the implant says he felt no pain.

In a half-hearted stab at objectivity, the piece then features two brief interviews from Swedes who offer lukewarm opposition.

With 5,000-10,000 people having already been chipped in Sweden, a biohacker then predicts that “millions of people will find it very valuable” to get chipped in the future.

“Human microchipping may be our future but in Sweden it’s already a reality,” concludes Harman.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading
Comments

Science & Tech

Gab Hacked; Group Promises ‘Gold Mine’ Of Info On ‘Militias, Neo-Nazis, QAnon’

Alex Jones among those targeted by “mentally ill tranny demon hackers”

Published

on

Steve Watson

Jaap Arriens/NurPhoto via Getty Images

The free speech alternative to Twitter, Gab has been hacked, with those behind the action promising to release a treasure trove of information including passwords, private posts, and messages.

The hacking group calling itself ‘DDoSecrets’ says it has obtained 70-gigabytes of data, and has dubbed it “Gableaks”.

Among the “private posts, user profiles, hashed passwords for users, DMs, and plaintext passwords for groups,” is data for an account supposedly belonging to President Trump, as well as an account owned by Gab’s own CEO, Andrew Torba.

DDoSecrets cofounder Emma Best told Wired that the data “contains pretty much everything on Gab, including user data and private posts, everything someone needs to run a nearly complete analysis on Gab users and content.”

“It’s another gold mine of research for people looking at militias, neo-Nazis, the far right, QAnon and everything surrounding January 6,” Best claims.

Gab released a statement Gab announcing that it is “aware of a vulnerability” on its platform, claiming it has fixed it.

Torba charged that Wired is “in direct contact with the hacker and [was] essentially assisting the hacker in his efforts to smear our business and hurt you, our users.” 

The Gab CEO labelled those behind the action “mentally ill tranny demon hackers”, further suggesting that they are “The same people” who “targeted law enforcement officers and their family members last summer.”

In addition to Trump, the hackers also claim that they have obtained the passwords of Infowars’ Alex Jones, Republican congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell.

It is claimed that so far neither Wired nor DDoSecrets has attempted to decrypt the passwords, or gain access to the accounts.

Continue Reading

Science & Tech

Video: Australian Senator Slams Government For ‘Buckling’ To Facebook

“You weakened the power the minister has because Facebook bullied you”

Published

on

Steve Watson

Brendon Thorne/Getty Images

An Australian Senator has slammed the government there for agreeing to weaken a new law that would see Facebook have to pay for news content, after the social media site blocked all news, as well as government and emergency service updates in a blatant effort to cause chaos ahead of the vote on the new legislation.

Speaking in parliament, Senator Sarah Hanson-Young of the Green Party declared “The government has buckled here.”

“You’ve blinked, you weakened the power the minister has because Facebook bullied you. This is a face-saving exercise by the Treasurer,” she further announced.

Hanson-Young told the government “We will expect answers in this place as to who has been screwed over by Facebook and Google until you understand that it is your job to look after all players.”

The government changed the bill by inserting a clause that will exempt any social media platform that is deemed to make a ‘significant contribution’ to news.

Critics have charged that this is a blatant loophole inserted in the law to appease Facebook after its actions last week.

Senator Rex Patrick noted that the vagueness of the clause will allow big tech to get away with not paying for content, and will punish smaller media companies.

“We will still in effect have a huge imbalance in power between Facebook, Google and the small players. It undermines the whole bill,” Patrick urged.

The Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance union also slammed the government’s actions stating that “It shouldn’t be up to Facebook and Google to cherry pick and groom publishers it deems acceptable for side deals. Any code should be mandatory, uniform, predictable, and fair; not at the whim of technology executives.”

The loophole will allow Facebook to offer different fees to different news organisations for content, and leave out whoever they deem to be unworthy of appearing on the platform, thus defeating the entire point of levelling the playing field.

Google had previously threatened to pull its search engine from Australia altogether, but backed down after negotiating with the Australian government and beginning to agree deals with news companies.

The UK, Canada, EU and US are all considering similar new rules for publishing content, so the Australia case is vital to set an international precedent.

Global media executives have previously warned that big tech is secretively developing and changing algorithms for news distribution without giving the industry any indication whatsoever of what they are doing.

Without regulation, companies like Google and Facebook are able to develop monopolies on news content at the expense of those creating it.

Continue Reading

Science & Tech

Facebook Blocks All News, Government And Health Updates In Australia: ‘An Assault On A Sovereign Nation’

‘Tech giants think they’re bigger than government’

Published

on

Steve Watson

Screenshot

The Prime Minister of Australia accused Facebook of believing it is ‘bigger than the government’ after the tech company blocked all news from its social media platform in the country before parliament debates whether it should be forced to pay for content produced by third party media outlets.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison blasted Facebook and declared that big tech ‘think…that the rules should not apply to them’.

Reports indicate that as well as blocking news, Facebook in Australia has prevented the sharing of some government information, including emergency services updates on Covid, fires, and help for victims of domestic violence.

Morrison noted that “Facebook’s actions to unfriend Australia today, cutting off essential information services on health and emergency services, were as arrogant as they were disappointing.”

“They may be changing the world, but that doesn’t mean they run it,” the PM urged, adding “We will not be intimidated by BigTech seeking to pressure our Parliament.”

Speaking in Parliament, Health Minister Greg Hunt Described Facebook’s actions as “an assault on a sovereign nation and an assault on peoples’ freedom.”

“Facebook has taken steps which are unprecedented and reprehensible, unacceptable in a democracy such as this and an abuse of their power,” he said. 

Communications Minister Paul Fletcher claimed that Facebook is desperately attempting to coerce the government into backing down on the new law.

“The code is not yet in the law, so it raises an obvious question, why are they doing this now?” Fletcher noted.

Agriculture Minister David Littleproud declared “The Australian people and its government will not be bullied by some big tech company that is putting people’s lives at risk and putting profits ahead of people.”

Former deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce compared Mark Zuckerberg to Kim Jong-un, proclaiming “This is a North Korean policy agency being pursued by Facebook.”

Continue Reading

Trending