Connect with us

World News

CEO of Volvo Says Company is Considering Leaving Sweden Partly Due to Rise in Violent Crime

“We will only place our headquarters in a country where things work”.

Published

on

The CEO of Volvo warns that the company is considering moving its headquarters out of Sweden in the future, partly due to a rise in violent crime.

Håkan Samuelsson told a conference that the car maker was losing its appeal to foreign experts and engineers and further explained his concerns during an interview with SVD Näringsliv.

“We are building cars, we cannot solve the other problems, someone else must do that,” the CEO said, adding that it is becoming more difficult to attract workers due to Sweden’s worsening reputation.

“It’s definitely not helping when people read about shootings in Gothenburg and wonder if they really dare to move to Gothenburg,” said Samuelsson.

If the situation does not improve, the CEO warned that the company may even have to consider leaving Sweden in the future.

“Often people believe that decisions like these are taken by senior management or in China. But the fact is that we will only place our headquarters in a country where things work. At the moment, we are not close to such a discussion. But yes, it is something that might happen in the future,” said Samuelsson.

However, Chief of Police in Gothenburg County Erik Nord denied there was a problem, accusing Samuelsson of getting misinformation from social media.

As we have previously highlighted, surveys show that migrants are vastly overrepresented in violent crime and rapes in Sweden, but the government stopped gathering official statistics back in 2005.

This was long before the problem was exacerbated by the arrival of over 150,000 new “refugees” mainly from Islamic countries from 2015 onwards.

Swedish author Björn Ranelid recently warned that the level of crime and violence the previously sedate country is experiencing amounts to a “small scale war”.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

There is a war on free speech. Without your support, my voice will be silenced.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading
Comments

World News

China Warns Trump Not to Believe Warhawk “Conspiracy Theories” That Iran Was Behind Attack on Saudi Arabia

Cautions that revenge attack on Iran could cause Middle East to “spiral out of control.”

Published

on

China has warned President Trump that he is being manipulated by warhawks into believing “conspiracy theories” that Tehran was behind the attack on Saudi oil facilities and that any “revenge attack” on Iran could cause the Middle East to “spiral out of control.”

The warning was contained in an editorial posted by the Global Times, which is widely recognized as a Communist Party mouthpiece.

A drone strike against two Saudi oil facilities by Houthi rebels on Saturday took out 5% of the world’s oil supply, but U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo immediately blamed Tehran for the attack.

In the Global Times piece, Beijing asserts that there is no evidence Iran was responsible and that, “US military revenge against Iran will lead the Middle East to spiral out of control.”

The article also blames the Trump administration for being the “least interested in easing the disputes in the Middle East” out of all previous administrations and hyping “conspiracy theories” that the attack was carried out with the aid of Iran.

“Despite (John) Bolton’s departure, Trump is still being surrounded by hawks that control US military might and are eager to flex their muscles,” warns the piece, adding that despite Trump being largely against foreign interventionism, “Certain forces in the US are pushing Washington to use military power.”

The editorial says Trump has “forgotten the lessons of the two wars waged by George Bush’s administration,” which ended in abject failure.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

World News

Trump Once Chided Saudi Arabia For Demanding Protection From U.S.

Now fully supports it with no strings attached following drone strike.

Published

on

Despite indicating that his administration may attack Iran over a drone strike on Saudi oil facilities by Houthi rebels, President Trump once ridiculed the idea of offering Saudi Arabia U.S. protection without Riyadh paying for it.

Following Saturday’s drone strike, which took out 5% of the world’s oil supply, Trump tweeted that the White House was “waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed.”

Despite Tehran’s denial, U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo blamed Iran for the attack.

Trump’s willingness to use U.S. forces to defend the interests of Saudi Arabia is at odds with his position in the run up to his presidential campaign, when he repeatedly questioned why America should be defending Saudi Arabia in return for nothing.

“We are getting ready to protect Saudi Arabia against Iran & others-sending ships. How much are they going to pay us toward this protection,” he tweeted in April 2015.

In another tweet two months later, Trump remarked, “Saudi Arabia should be paying the United States many billions of dollars for our defense of them. Without us, gone!”

Back in 2014, Trump also accused Saudi Arabia of funding ISIS.

Trump campaigned on a platform of not getting America entangled in more pointless, costly Middle Eastern quagmires.

What changed?

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

World News

Drone Strikes in Saudi Arabia Wipe Out 5% of Global Oil Supply

Entire spare capacity of the world taken out.

Published

on

Drone attacks on two critical production facilities in Saudi Arabia wiped out over 5% of the world’s oil supply in one go, eliminating the spare capacity of the entire globe.

The attacks, which targeted an oil processing facility at Abqaiq and the nearby Khurais oil field knocked out 5.7 million barrels of daily crude production, a whopping 50% of Saudi Arabia’s entire oil output.

“This incident effectively eliminates the world’s spare capacity,” said Sarah Cottle, global head of market insight at S&P Global Platts.

The attacks led at one point to oil prices spiking by 19%, the biggest leap since 1991.

Despite Houthi rebels fighting Saudi forces in Yemen taking credit, The Trump administration immediately indicated that it may be about to blame Iran.

“Saudi Arabia oil supply was attacked. There is reason to believe that we know the culprit, are locked and loaded depending on verification, but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed!” tweeted President Trump.

The irony of military action against Iran at this point is the fact that Trump just fired one oft he biggest cheerleaders for precisely that, John Bolton.

War with Iran could be potentially catastrophic for the world and would see Trump reverse yet another of his campaign promises, the vow to not get entangled in any more Middle Eastern quagmires.

SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:

Follow on Twitter:

———————————————————————————————————————

My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.

Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.

Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.

———————————————————————————————————————

Continue Reading

Trending